Look what I found! 03/07/2010

• CK-12 Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to reduce the cost of textbook materials for the K-12 market both in the U.S. and worldwide. Using an open-content, web-based collaborative model termed the “FlexBook,” CK-12 intends to pioneer the generation and distribution of high quality educational content that will serve both as core text as well as provide an adaptive environment for learning.

tags: textbook, ebooks, ck12, OpenSource, flexr, flexbooks

• “A free service that removes ads from websites”

tags: websites, ads, remove, tool, adout

• “Education technology has many supporters in its movement to alter traditional teaching methods. This list of the top 50 education technology blogs includes writers, technicians and social media experts…but they all are teachers. The “movers” are teachers who facilitate learning among other teachers and in the classroom, the “shakers” teach new philosophies and innovations, and the folks “on the ground” offer news, tools and methods of using those tools in the classroom.

This list is divided into those three categories, and each link within those categories is listed alphabetically. The links lead straight to the recently updated blogs, and the descriptions supply information about that blogger’s achievements, including careers and jobs.”

tags: education, technology, blog, blogging, web2.0

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

Categories: UncategorizedTags:

One thought on “Look what I found! 03/07/2010

1. Dianne,
    Thank you so much for this post. I found many different websites and interesting people to connect with that are in technology and using it in education. I really needed the free service that removes ads from websites, this was so helpful. My favorite is the top 50 education technology blogs. I did not realize there were so many people in the field of using technology in education. Thanks for all the new connections. Look forward to checking out next weeks post.