Today’s links 05/29/2008

• MPEG Streamclip is a powerful high-quality video converter, player, editor for MPEG, QuickTime, transport streams, iPod. And now it is a DivX editor and encoding machine, and even a stream and YouTube downloader.

tags: converter, conversion, tools, mac, whscff

• At kitZu, you will find a collection of free, educational, copyright-friendly media resources. Students and teachers around the world can access pre-made collections, or “kits,” of various digital assets – still images, background music, narratives, video and text. Each kit is built around a common theme, or curricular topic. For students, this becomes the construction paper of the 21st century –allowing them to create reports and projects filled with rich, immersive media for communicating their vision of whatever subjects they chose. AS they master the technology, they will progress from building projects with supplied materials to projects where they find or create their own resources — a strategy that results in truly authentic assessment as measured by the projects produced.

tags: photography, education, resource, tools, whscff, images, photos

• The social way to learn a language. Community: Livemocha is the first-of-its-kind online language-learning community.
    Lessons: Fun and interactive lessons that move at the right pace for you. Motivation: Track your progress and reach your goals with Livemocha tools.

tags: language, learning, languages, web2.0

Categories: UncategorizedTags:

2 thoughts on “Today’s links 05/29/2008

1. Another great language learning website in addition to livemocha.com is http://www.edufire.com!! I’m currently using eduFire to study Spanish. I like livemocha but I’m learning a bit more on the other site. The community is very knowledgable and kind. The free tools are great and I’m also being tutored via video chat…great for the one-on-one attention I need. check it out just thought I would let you know about it!