Daily Digital Discoveries 11/08/2011

• We’re a safe, private place for teens who need honest, accurate information and advice about health, emotions, and life. TeensHealth is accessible 24 hours a day so you can get the doctor-approved information you need to make educated decisions — or help a friend who needs advice. There’s a lot of confusing, misleading, and just plain wrong health information on the Web. Our mission is to tell it to you straight.

tags: health hpe teens teen nutrition

• Girlshealth.gov was created in 2002 by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office on Women’s Health  (OWH) to help girls (ages 10 to 16) learn about health, growing up, and issues they may face. Girlshealth.gov promotes healthy and positive behaviors in girls, giving them reliable and useful health information in a fun, easy-to-understand way. The website also provides information to parents and educators to help them teach girls about healthy living.
    Our tagline is “Be Happy. Be Healthy. Be You. Beautiful.” It focuses on the idea that being yourself — finding what makes you smile and how to live well — is what makes you “you.” And that is beautiful!

tags: health HPE kids girls

• KidsHealth in the Classroom offers educators free health curriculum materials for all grades and subject areas. Each Teacher’s Guide includes discussion questions, activities, and reproducible handouts and quizzes – all aligned to national health education standards.

tags: health HPE kids

• The mission of our website, youngwomenshealth.org, is to help teen girls, their parents, teachers, and health care providers improve their understanding of normal health and development, as well as of specific diseases and conditions. We want to empower teen girls and young women around the world to take an active role in their own health care. We invite you to explore our website to find health resources for teens, parents, and healthcare professionals, and to learn more about our special youth programs, medical services, and research projects

tags: health girls teens women HPE

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

Categories: UncategorizedTags:

One thought on “Daily Digital Discoveries 11/08/2011

1. Hi Mrs. Dianne,
    My name is Latisha Williams. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, where I’m currently taking EDM 310 with Dr. Strange. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I think that the information that you provided is very helpful for mean people. I love how you will be communicating with professional so that you will be getting the best advice.