Dianne’s Daily Discoveries 07/25/2015

• Mystery Skype is an educational game, invented by teachers, played by two classrooms on Skype. The aim of the game is to guess the location of the other classroom by asking each other questions.

It’s suitable for all age groups and can be used to teach subjects like geography, history, languages, mathematics and science.

Check our Mystery Skype OneNote to see all the wonderful things you and your class can do together to play Mystery Skype and organize your session.

tags: skype MysterySkype geography

• Sway Tutorial Videos

tags: Sway Microsoft tutorial

• I’ve gotten several emails after my last post and they all ended with the same line, “Where do I start?” It can be overwhelming to start by Googling “makerspace.” What do you most often see? That stark modern space with expensive 3d printers. But that? It’s not the reality of what making in the classroom can be. I know the constraints faced by many of us in education, and I’ve lived them before. You make do with what you have, get creative, and repurpose existing materials to MAKE making happen in your classroom. You gotta start somewhere, right?

tags: makerspace STEM making

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.