So yesterday I decided to take the jump over to edublogs from blogger for my personal and professional blogging needs. There really aren’t a whole bunch of reasons why, but here are a few. Firstly, I feel that edublogs is a better environment in which to post my thoughts about about the evolution of education. Blogger seems to just be anyone’s environment, where edublogs has a specific focus. I want to be a part of the larger education community as a whole and this is a step towards that. Also, the themes are pretty cool! I’m using this green one for now but I might change it as I adapt to the new environment.
Another reason for switching blog services comes with the name of the blog. I wanted a clean, fresh start in the blogosphere. Yes, I’ve brought all my old posts over from blogspot because I didn’t want to lose what I’ve already done. But I also wanted a new place to start over, and this is it.
I’ve been trying to think of a good name for my blog since I decided to make the switch yesterday and am throwing around a few ideas: iDianne, iTech, iTech Connect, and others. One day there will be a new name, but for now, this one is appropriate.
So a few days ago I was tagged by my new friend Kristin. As I was in the thralls of dealing with my first macbook falling down the steps and breaking, I was behind in my blog reading. I am just about caught up with everything now and after being tagged by Scott last night, I feel it is my duty to complete this post…
Here we go!
- Post these rules before you give your facts
- List 8 random facts about yourself
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
- I lived in Mulhouse, France during my sophomore year of college, 1992-1993. It was the most life-changing experience of my life.
- I loved science and math in high school, especially Chemistry.
- My dogs Dolittle and Deanne became proud parents of 8 puppies on my 9th birthday, under my parent’s bed.
- Besides my son Benjamin, I am the proud parent of many pets- Maggie: standard poodle, Sequoia: tabby cat, Bink (aka Bunny): mutt cat, Charles: Iguana, Jacob: African Sulcata tortoise, Lenny & Larry: Schneider’s skinks (a type of lizard), Herbie: hamster and Tropical & Freshwater fish.
- I started playing an online game called Medievia in 1995. Two months later I met my husband Mike on the game and now we run it together.
- I absolutely love creating web pages and finding out new cool things to put on them.
- I have one true sister, one half-sister, two step-sisters, a step-brother, and many step nieces and nephews.
- The first concert I attended was the Jackson 5 Victory Tour. The second was Debbie Gibson. I’m not sure if I’m proud of that or not.
Ok, as for the tagging 8 people, this is the hard part. As I am brand new to blogging and the only bloggers I know are the people I met at KTI, you are already all tagged! I promise when I meet more bloggers I’ll tag them to keep this going!