Daily Digital Discoveries 09/12/2010

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

Categories: UncategorizedTags:

One thought on “Daily Digital Discoveries 09/12/2010

1. Hi, Ms. Krause! I really enjoyed exploring the links you presented in this post. I appreciate the time you spend looking for these websites, or maybe just stumbling upon them! I don’t think I ever realized how much information is actually available on the internet. It can be unbelievable how in-depth some of the information sources can be. I liked the International News Links, such as The Paperboy and Google Regional Newspapers because they have papers from all over the world, such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Germany, Jordan, and Singapore. I think it’s good that such resources are readily available for anyone. If students had a project where they had to read a foreign newspaper and write a summary about it, this would be a lot easier than it would have been in the past. I had a lot of fun at the National Geographic Kids website. After exploring the site a little bit, a played a jigsaw puzzle, then I clicked on the Animals tab where I learned about leather back sea turtles. Sea turtles are one of my favorite animals. I think this site is good for kids because it offers a fun way to learn about subjects such as science and math. The PBS News Hour Extra — 7-12 Grade Level website was also very interesting. I read an article about how the “Venezuelan Youth Embrace National Orchestra Program”. It was interesting to read about how passionate these children are about the music program in their area. For many of them, I believe this is one of the things they truly live for. I think the site is great because it can be a way for kids to read actual comments by children from other countries. Thank you for posting this! Amanda Brewton