Daily Digital Discoveries 08/26/2013

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

2 thoughts on “Daily Digital Discoveries 08/26/2013

1. Dianne,

My name is Lindsay Stewart; I am a student in the College of Education at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I am currently in Dr. Strange’s EDM310- Microcomputing Systems in Education- class. We have a class blog (http://edm310.blogspot.com/) as well as individual student blogs. On my blog (http://stewartlindsayedm310.blogspot.com/), I will be giving a summary of a few of your posts as well as my comments.

I find your Daily Digital Discoveries very helpful in identifying new and better ways for teachers to include technology in their classrooms. I have found that there are many resources to help teachers, but having those resources in one place is even better. I particularly enjoyed the Graphite website; I found the recommendations helpful, and the site was easy to navigate. The Cable in the Classroom resource was great as well, teaching students to be good digital citizens is vital in today’s world. Thanks for sharing your knowledge; I look forward to reading your next post.

2. Hi Dianne,

My name is Shanda Thornton and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I am studying to be and Elementary teacher.

I am really glad that Dr. Strange assigned me to you blog this time! It is very very helpful for classroom teachers. Had I not been assigned to your blog I may have never learned about these sites!
    So first off, I would like to tell you thank you for sharing.

Secondly, I liked that they were all free! With funding cuts across the board, teachers are spending more of their own money to help their students, these free sites would be very helpful and effective for them to use!

Finally, I read about all of these sites you posted about and I am saving them for later use! They all seem so useful in helping teachers use technology to their benefit in the classroom. These recommended resources will be very helpful, I really liked that while using Graphite, teachers can discover, use, and share their findings with other teachers.
    InCtrl teaches students how to be responsible, safe, and secure while being effective learners in the digital world. This site would be a great one to teach students possibilities of what could happen while they are using the digital media. They are taught their rights and responsibilities, and their personal and ethical implications of their actions.

Thanks again for sharing!
    Shanda Thornton