Daily Digital Discoveries 08/24/2011

• “The sites are labeled by grade level to help guide you to those that best suit your students. In addition, I’ve added ratings to give teachers and students an idea of how much interactivity is available at each site. Some allow students to create from beginning to end, while others simply generate the final product with minimal effort. What you will not find here are basic virtual coloring sheets. I tried to find sites that would give students a chance to generate their own original works of art. What could be better?”

tags: artwork graphics draw art drawing

• At Teaching Channel we believe what makes teachers inspiring is how they became experts — the hours and years they’ve dedicated to improving their craft to benefit their students. Our mission is to capture their technique on video so that all teachers — new or seasoned — have a place to find inspiration. Of course you could just lean back and admire great stories, but we also provide tools to take a few notes, trade ideas, and even build your own personal workspace. And because we know teaching is not one-size-fits-all, we tailored our technology so you can find what works best for you.

tags: teaching professional development PD professional_development

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

Categories: UncategorizedTags: